These sample letters- available for download by clicking the following links- are provided thanks to FreedomTaker.com
1. First, open the file named “Instructions.” These are your instructions.
2. “Utility Company Letter Template” is the template for you to edit and mail to your power company CEO.
3. We recommend, after you send your demand notice, if your power company fails to replace your meter in a timely manner, edit and send the “Notice of Default” to strengthen your legal position.
4. The “Posted Notice” file is for printing, laminating and attaching to your analog meter and your perimeter gate. We strongly recommend posting this notice. Office supply stores can usually provide the lamination.
5. The “Notice to Police and Sheriff” protects you from criminal trespass by law enforcement who may attempt to enforce your power company’s corporate policies. That is illegal, but sometimes the police forget the limits of their jurisdiction. It is very wise to remind them. If police ever come to your property to enforce power company policy (civil contract) IMMEDIATELY demand to see their court order (they will not have one) and then order them off your property. If they don’t leave call 911 and report criminal trespass. If they have a court order (extremely unlikely) read it carefully and make sure the terms are being observed by the police.
6. Please consider a donation to FreedomTaker.com for providing these documents and advice on their use (and please also donate to Stop Smart Meters! to support our ongoing organizing work on these issues).
Contact Jerry Day at info[at]freedomtaker.com with any questions.