Now, more than ever, the smart grid poses a grave risk to your health. If you still have a “smart” meter on your home, now is the time to be assertive and get it removed. The utilities do not have any legal basis to force a smart meter on your home—period. The only legal rights they do have on private property are contained within your “utility easement”—usually limited to reading and maintaining your (analog) meter. They have zero legal right to install an irradiating surveillance device (AKA “smart” meter) against your will. They simply pretend they do, and most of the time they get away with it, because very few people know the law. If a utility tries to bully you and force a smart meter on your home, they are breaking the law. Take them to court or choose to go off grid and deprive them of your blood money. People were “off grid” for most of human history without even small scale photovoltaic electricity and they did just fine. (Of course, there are some people with medical conditions and equipment whose lives depend on electricity as an essential service.) Most people have now become hooked on the “convenience” and now the dealer is abusing its customers.
Staying Safe and Sound During this Emergency If you don’t already have an EMF detector to measure levels of man-made “electrosmog” in your home and community, now is a good time to get one. These are critical tools to identify and locate EMF so you can then minimize your exposure and allow your immune system to recover from the unprecedented artificial radiation assault we are being subject to.
We want you to stay “Safe and Sound” during this crisis. Visit our online store to browse the latest EMF meters and detectors available at reasonable prices. Lowering EMF exposure is one of the most affordable forms of health insurance available to us. We recently received these nifty new RF meters from Safe Living Technologies, now available in our store for a 5% discount if you use the code “RFDEFENSE” during checkout. Wider frequency meters like the “Safe and Sound” Classic and Pro 2 meters are more likely to detect 5G and other higher frequency radiation sources than traditional RF meters. Check out the Scientists for Wired Technology review of the Safe and Sound Pro 2. We offer fast and free shipping to the United States. Those living outside the U.S. can purchase through our ebay store. Every purchase supports our grassroots organization and helps build resistance to RF pollution (your Amazon purchases do the opposite). Please spread the word.
Lower-priced EMF meters available to the vulnerable: If you have Electro Magnetic Sensitivity (EMS), have tested positive for COVID-19, or would like to purchase EMF detectors for public use, i.e. at a library/ community center, you are eligible for a 10% discount on all materials in our store including EMF meters. Write to us with verification of any requests.
Our resources, advice, toll-free hotline and grassroots organizing interventions are in more demand than ever. It seems that the public is finally waking up to the electrosmog crisis. Please consider a store purchase or a donation to help us expand our offerings during this evolving crisis and “meet the moment.”
We wish all of you and everyone you love good health, privacy and safety during these difficult times.
We recently found out that our County is planning to loan out “Verizon Hotspots” through the library to residents including students affected by the school shutdowns. This is a really bad idea- and we outline the reasons why below.
Find out what’s going on in your local community – you can use this letter as a basis for yours. -SSM!
Dear Plumas County Library and Friends of Portola Library,
Thank you for your reply. Our group- Plumas Residents for Safer Wired Telecommunications opposes the use of hazardous so-called “hotspots” for the following reasons, and urges the library to abandon this program in favor of safer methods of accessing the internet, such as wired ethernet or 56K dial up modems, and grants for safer wired access to low-income homes.
Problems with Verizon Hotspot:
– Verizon hotspots send out and receive both cell and wi-fi signals- a type of radiation deemed a “possible carcinogen” by the World Health Organization. In addition, the $30 million National Toxicology Program has found that exposure to this type of radiation causes significant increases in cancerous brain and heart tumors in rats. The continued, virtually unregulated use of this technology flies in the face of serious evidence of harm, particularly to children. Widespread harm may only become apparent in retrospect in future years after decades of exposure in the form of significantly increase brain and other tumors, as is typical with radiation injuries (as from Hiroshima where brain tumor rates were stable for years after WWII and then shot up in the 1980’s.). Damage to the human immune system from routine wireless exposure is well documented, and it is the last thing our community needs right now.
Preventative and precautionary action now to avoid chronic exposures that will very likely result in a wave of illness is imperative.
– Many homes in our rural area have poor cell reception. This means that the hotspots may not work in many locations and that if they do work, RF from the hotspot will be ramped up to reach a cell tower, exposing rural users to higher levels of microwave radiation.
– Access to the internet would yet again be limited to people who are not Electro-Magnetically Sensitive (EMS) or who are unaware of, or choose to ignore the clear health risks listed above. There is a significant proportion of the population that will not be served by this expenditure of public funds which are required to serve the whole public.
– In addition to serious health risks from RF radiation, the library and county (and Friends group if they participate) face liability risks in distributing this technology to Plumas County families, particularly without any health warning.
– Verizon is currently applying to the City of Portola for a permit for a 135 foot 5G tower mere feet from the hospital that includes microwave lasers (masers) that track individuals. Eastern Plumas Health Care has gone on record opposing this project and many community members (including myself) have publicly testified their opposition to this project, stating that it will prevent access to the library, municipal buildings, and the hospital among those who are EMS. Distributing Verizon hotspots to the community will add to wireless demand, and general electrosmog pollution. This will help Verizon justify an unnecessary project that is not needed to meet capacity.
– It is imperative that in today’s world, everyone who wants it has permanent, safe and affordable, secure high speed wired internet access at home, using the model of universal telephone service that brought voice connections to many “unprofitable” locations. Without this, people will continue to lack access to not only library services but also tele-medicine, education, entertainment, and all the other resources available online. Today, internet service has become an essential public service, but is mainly the providence of corporations who refuse to provide service to areas where they would not see a profit. This approach has left many of us, including kids trying to do their schoolwork, out in the cold during the COVID-19 pandemic. The County, state and feds need to solve this problem in an urgent and systematic way for the long term, spurred on by the lockdown. If we can run phone lines to everyone in the 20th century, we can run high speed internet lines to everyone in the 21st. With internet, as with healthcare, everyone suffers if it is not universally available (through economic harm caused by the damage to education and lack of a unified fiber optic internet strategy, and greater risk of infection, respectively).
We recommend that the library instead:
– use available funding to provide grants to low income families to afford basic wired internet at home (Cable internet via PSREC is widely available throughout City of Portola)
– If you want to add to the tool lending library, loan out 56K USB modems which can be used through a phone line and provide basic (safe and wired) connectivity to the library’s site, Wikipedia, well-designed school lessons etc. but not porn, videos, zoom chats, or gaming which is what the Verizon hot spots would likely be used for.
– provide wired ethernet plugs at all County libraries when they re-open, to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act requirements for public access. We do not accept the County IT department’s response that they would not be able to maintain security with a public wired system- according to the experts we consulted, the same level of security is available with wired ethernet as with wi-fi- there is simply a need to purchase additional software. There is a long history of IT staff in general belittling those who aren’t internet savvy or those who experience EMF sensitivity (tin-foil hat crazies etc.). The Friends of Portola Library made a formal request for wired ethernet plugs at the library and have not received an adequate response explaining the specific security issues on a technical level. We re-submit our request for ethernet plugs at the library, and a technical, formal response from the county IT department.
– consider that many people will not want to use public computers due to covid-19 risks. If someone brings a laptop, ipad, or iphone and own ethernet cable and adapter, the risk of transmission is far less than using a public computer with a shared keyboard and mouse. I and many others will not be willing to use a shared public computer, and I personally get extremely nauseous when using the wi-fi for more than five minutes, so what do you suggest that we do to access these resources?
Thank you for your attention to this matter of health, public access, and for many, life and death.
Spokesperson, Plumas Residents for Safer Wired Telecom
Concerned about your exposure to RF radiation? Pick the low hanging fruit and start with your own house! There is no need to use wireless at all within the home. Many people do not understand that access to the internet does not require WiFi. You can easily set up a wired connection to your computers and devices using a modem and ethernet cable(s) with zero microwave radiation exposure (at least within the home) while you quarantine. Use a corded landline phone and you will have full telecommunications capabilities- with zero toxic microwaves. Check out this page from Children’s Health Defense for a step by step guide to achieving this.
Don’t stop with your own personal safety. Realize that radiation doesn’t stop at your front door—it is a community problem and must be dealt with as such. An EMF meter (that measures microwave intensity) is a prerequisite for reducing EMF pollution in your home as well as your community. You can get affordable and high quality EMF meters in our online store.
We are happy to announce that the Stop Smart Meters! toll-free hotline has been funded for 2020, thanks to your donations and support! Thank you for helping us keep this critical lifeline available to those who need it! If you have left a voicemail for us on the hotline and have not received a call back, please try us again.
We have recently been fielding a large number of calls and e-mails regarding the Coronavirus, and thought we would reach out with some sound, science-based advice at this time:
There is no evidence that the coronavirus is directly caused by 5G or other wireless.
There is plenty of evidence that wireless RF microwave radiation can and does damage the immune system and potentially cause viral mutations.
In addition to the excellent advice from Dr. James Robb below, we would add the following recommendations to boost your immune system:
Get plenty of exercise– especially of the aerobic variety. Sedentary habits are a killer! Cycling is an enjoyable and zero-carbon way to get around, and allows you to limit your exposure to people and their bugs on public transport. There are plenty of online resources to help you get around safely.
Get plenty of sleep. Wireless exposure and late night screen exposure is linked with insomnia and a lack of deep sleep.
Reduce your EMF exposure– wireless is a totally unnecessary and hazardous technology, and is associated with damage to the immune system that can leave you vulnerable to illness. There are now widespread calls to disconnect RF-emitting cells and wireless smart meters to prevent damage to public immunity. Here is a fascinating in-depth look at the connection between 5G and coronavirus from Paul Doyon of EMF Refugee.
Most wireless exposure is self-inflicted in the home. It’s time to rid RF from your home entirely, with the help of an EMF meter. Affordable models are now available from the Stop Smart Meters! store and these benefit our activism. The popular, precise “Safe and Sound” meters from Safe Living Technologies should be ready to ship from our store next week.
Educate yourself– we have great books for sale in our store, including “The Invisible Rainbow” by Arthur Firstenberg now in paperback that details the history of immune damage from EMF and the associated pandemics (very timely!).
Following is the most relevant and sane advice that we have seen on how to protect yourself and your family from the coronavirus. There is a lot of misinformation out there, so use your common sense and be skeptical of claims from dodgy sources. Stay safe out there and let us know if we can assist in fighting to keep your community safe. Never back down when your life and your health are at stake!
p.s. After ten years of listening to a steady drumbeat of sad and tragic stories of people injured by wireless with no place to go, my wife and I just couldn’t take it anymore. So, we are now working to create an EMF and wildlife refuge on our 15 acres in the Sierra Nevada mountains of Northern California. We envision a safe place for people from all walks of life to meet and organize. The setting here is unique and beautiful. There is an old growth forest, wildflower meadow, and volcanic features on the land, with direct access to the Plumas and Tahoe National Forests. We welcome donations to help develop infrastructure to host a seasonal retreat for people who are recovering from toxic environments. Do you want to play a critical role in expanding our refuge? There are currently two homes and 6 acres for sale next door to us in a very low EMF environment– asking price $275K- please e-mail us for details. Thank you for helping us make our vision a reality.
For those concerned about the coronavirus:
Subject: What I am doing for the upcoming COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic
by James Robb, MD UC San Diego
Dear Colleagues, as some of you may recall, when I was a professor of pathology at the University of California San Diego, I was one of the first molecular virologists in the world to work on coronaviruses (the 1970s). I was the first to demonstrate the number of genes the virus contained. Since then, I have kept up with the coronavirus field and its multiple clinical transfers into the human population (e.g., SARS, MERS), from different animal sources.
The current projections for its expansion in the US are only probable, due to continued insufficient worldwide data, but it is most likely to be widespread in the US by mid to late March and April.
Here is what I have done and the precautions that I take and will take. These are the same precautions I currently use during our influenza seasons, except for the mask and gloves.:
1) NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, slight bow, elbow bump, etc.
2) Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches, elevator buttons, etc.. Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.
3) Open doors with your closed fist or hip – do not grasp the handle with your hand, unless there is no other way to open the door. Especially important on bathroom and post office/commercial doors.
4) Use disinfectant wipes (thyme oil Seventh Generation are best -ssm) at the stores when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts.
5) Wash your hands with soap for 10-20 seconds and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves locations where other people have been.
6) Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at each of your home’s entrances. AND in your car for use after getting gas or touching other contaminated objects when you can’t immediately wash your hands.
7) If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you have to. The clothing on your elbow will contain infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more!
What I have stocked in preparation for the pandemic spread to the US:
1) Latex or nitrile latex disposable gloves for use when going shopping, using the gasoline pump, and all other outside activity when you come in contact with contaminated areas.
Note: This virus is spread in large droplets by coughing and sneezing. This means that the air will not infect you! BUT all the surfaces where these droplets land are infectious for about a week on average – everything that is associated with infected people will be contaminated and potentially infectious. The virus is on surfaces and you will not be infected unless your unprotected face is directly coughed or sneezed upon. This virus only has cell receptors for lung cells (it only infects your lungs) The only way for the virus to infect you is through your nose or mouth via your hands or an infected cough or sneeze onto or into your nose or mouth.
2) Stock up now with disposable surgical masks and use them to prevent you from touching your nose and/or mouth (We touch our nose/mouth 90X/day without knowing it!). This is the only way this virus can infect you – it is lung-specific. The mask will not prevent the virus in a direct sneeze from getting into your nose or mouth – it is only to keep you from touching your nose or mouth.
3) Stock up now with hand sanitizers and latex/nitrile gloves (get the appropriate sizes for your family). The hand sanitizers must be alcohol-based and greater than 60% alcohol to be effective.
4) Stock up now with zinc lozenges. These lozenges have been proven to be effective in blocking coronavirus (and most other viruses) from multiplying in your throat and nasopharynx. Use as directed several times each day when you begin to feel ANY “cold-like” symptoms beginning. It is best to lie down and let the lozenge dissolve in the back of your throat and nasopharynx. Cold-Eeze lozenges is one brand available, but there are other brands available.
I, as many others do, hope that this pandemic will be reasonably contained, BUT I personally do not think it will be. Humans have never seen this snake-associated virus before and have no internal defense against it. Tremendous worldwide efforts are being made to understand the molecular and clinical virology of this virus. Unbelievable molecular knowledge about the genomics, structure, and virulence of this virus has already been achieved. BUT, there will be NO drugs or vaccines available this year to protect us or limit the infection within us. Only symptomatic support is available.
I hope these personal thoughts will be helpful during this potentially catastrophic pandemic. You are welcome to share this email. Good luck to all of us!
USE OF THIS SITE DEPENDS ON AGREEMENT WITH OUR DISCLAIMER: This website is intended to help advance knowledge and contribute to public awareness. While all reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure the validity of the information given, no warranty is given of its accuracy. It is not intended to substitute for medical or legal advice nor as a final statement with regard to possible prevention and avoidance recommendations or potential biological effects. No liability is accepted by the authors for damages arising from its use or misuse and interpretation by others. All references to smart meters refer to digital, wireless and powerline carrier (PLC) devices, which may vary in their emissions and frequencies. All content on this site is copyrighted by StopSmartMeters.org unless otherwise indicated. Brief (max 3 sentences) excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to StopSmartMeters.org with appropriate and specific links to the original content. All other uses are prohibited, unless specific and written permission from StopSmartMeters.org is provided.