Tell California State Senators: “NO” on SB 649- NO Small Cell Invasion
California pending legislation SB649 would streamline placement of 5G small cell Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) on electric and light poles in front of businesses and residences, even while physicians are raising the alarm about the health dangers of the technology This bill eliminates local control and jurisdiction with regard to DAS placement throughout the state of California. Read more about the bill and take action at the Scientists for Wired Tech site.
Ellen Marks of the California Brain Tumor Association says:
“PLEASE WRITE TO (YOUR LEGISLATORS) NOW (AND ASK THEM TO VOTE NO ON SB 649)- DO NOT WAIT FOR THESE MILLIMETER MICROWAVE ANTENNAS TO BE INSTALLED OUTSIDE YOUR HOMES.”
While cities and counties can presently refuse telecommunications equipment on their own property for any reason including health damage, SB 642 is a sneaky attempt by the wireless industry to change the rules of the game. The bill would strip local governments of their property rights and force them to ignore safety, aesthetic, health and other issues and approve all wireless company applications along public streets and properties. The California State Assn. of Counties has written a letter strongly opposing SB 649 that raises these issues.
The wireless industry has made some specious claims in support of the bill, including that “a DAS box is only the size of a pizza box” (this claim was thoroughly debunked here).
UPDATE: SB 649 passed the Governance and Finance Committee on April 26th unanimously with no mention of health or environmental effects. Current status here.
Please write and/or call the senators and tell them to vote ’NO’ to CA Bill SB 649. You can also “tweet” them, or meet with them in person. Legislator contact info is here.
Points to help you draft letters, make calls and/or give testimony at the hearing, provided are some sound bites for you to give to the Governance & Finance Committee:
- Taking away property rights will result in lowered property value
Lowered property value will then lead to lowered property tax revenues.
- US NTP $25 million dollar study proved RF emissions from 2G causes DNA breaks, cancers of the brain and heart.
- Over 220 international scientists have sent an appeal to the WHO that RF emissions are already out of control, and this statement was made two years ago.
- Increase in health care costs due to growing health problems in the population.
- Lowered productivity at work due to negative health impacts from the increased wireless radiation exposures
- Lloyd’s of London and Swiss Re, two major insurance companies of the world, will not cover medical expenses incurred due to exposure to electromagnetic radio frequency radiation (EMR) (i.e. cellphones, wifi, cell tower, antennas, DAS, IoT devices, smart meters, etc.)
- Environmental devastation from loss of oxygen producing foliage due to damage of trees and vegetation from EMR exposures
- Environmental devastation from astronomical increases of approximately 124,416 lbs. of CO2 per city every day, or 1.6 trillion lbs. of carbon per year nationwide emissions from powering up the 5G DAS infrastructure 24/7 (and this does not include the carbon footprint created from all the other IoT network and clouds)
- Fiber optics is the best and only solution. They are energy efficient, less vulnerable to shut down due to EMP or hacking, and do not create hazardous RF emissions that cause damage to health and the environment
- Russia has denied 5G rollout in their country. Instead, they are utilizing fiber optic cables to deliver the internet to every private resident.
If you have any questions about the above please email Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org