On Saturday October 10th, the Wireless Technology and Public Health Summit was held in the heart of Silicon Valley at the Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts. The event was sponsored by the Santa Clara Medical Association Alliance Foundation. Doctors, researchers, and public policy experts in the field of wireless health impacts joined together for the first time in the heart of Silicon Valley and declared that there is more than enough evidence to reign in wireless technology, particularly in schools and other locations where sensitive populations spend time.
The summit was held the day after California Governor Jerry Brown vetoed all six bills that would have reigned in a corrupt CPUC, and would have taken mild steps to subject it to greater judicial oversight in the midst of ongoing criminal investigations of the agency. The day after the conference (to add insult to injury) Brown signed legislation (AB57) that shifts the burden of defending against unwanted cell towers to local governments and “deems cell towers approved” by the state, if a local government takes too much time in the planning process.
The summit was completely sold out- an indication of the burgeoning interest in the subject in the Bay Area- and an overflow crowd gathered at video monitors in the lobby to hear what each speaker was saying.
Here is a summary of the key points made at the summit:
Martin Pall, PhD Professor Emeritus of Biochemistry and Basic Medical Sciences in the School of Molecular Biosciences at Washington State University
- Autism has increased in recent years from an incidence of 1 in 10,000 to 1 in 68, and increasingly it appears that environmental, not genetic, factors are to blame.
- In a recent paper, Dr. Pall describes the mechanism for action of non-ionizing radiation on cells, affecting calcium channels and flow between cells. This is linked with the formation of free radicals in the body.
Suruchi Chandra, MD, Psychiatrist focused on Autism, OCD, chronic fatigue and mood disorders
- Autism has increased 1200% since 1987
- Genetics can not change that rapidly
- Fraternal and identical twins have been found to have the same rates of autism, another indication that the cause is environmental
- Children with Autism and ADHD have elevated Cortisol, a stress hormone, and their cells are responding as if they were in danger (which they are)
- Impacts during development can affect children their entire lifespan
Peter Sullivan, Computer Scientist and Researcher
- Peter’s sons started exhibiting symptoms of Autism early in their schooling.
- Following interventions and reduced exposure to wireless, both of his sons are doing well now with successful careers
- “We created (the wireless) problem. We can uncreate it.”
Dr. Toril Jelter, MD Board Certified Pediatrician and General Practitioner with over 30 years of Clinical Experience
Dr. Toril Jelter has been a strong and outspoken ally of our movement. She is featured on the left of our Stop Smart Meters! homepage banner, holding a sign that says ” Pediatrician for a Smart Meter Moratorium.” She became interested in the link between health and environment after the Chernobyl meltdown of 1986 rained radiation down on her native Norway.
Dr. Jelter specializes in treating children suffering from Autism and related disorders.
Here are some of the case studies she described:
- 4 year old boy with terrible insomnia for 2 years, could not sleep and kept parents awake. Dr. Jelter recommended a two-week trial, turning off wi-fi and cordless phones in the house. Within a week, the child and the parents were all sleeping soundly.
- 9 year old boy with insomnia. PG&E smart meter was found to be installed on bedroom wall at the head of his bed. Parents got smart meter replaced with an analog and he was able to sleep immediately.
- 10 year old boy with autism and exhibiting aggressive behavior, had never said a sentence in his life. Tried the two week no wireless in home test, and within three days he had spoken his first full sentence: “Mom pass me the scissors.”
Personality changes observed from wireless exposure:
– greater inflexibility
– ethical values and empathy lost
These observations are confirmed by peer-reviewed epidemiological studies, such as Divan et al who found that pre-natal exposure to cell phone radiation is linked with higher levels of hyperactivity.
Dr. Jelter summed up her presentation by urging us to ask the question:
“Is my desire to talk to anyone anywhere more important than children’s ability to speak at all?”
She suggests that continued societal inaction on this issue constitutes child abuse.
Victoria Dunkley, MD Board certified Integrative Child Psychiatrist, Author of Reset Your Child’s Brain
Dr. Dunckley has focused on “screen time” reductions in helping children cope with increasing levels of psychological disorders.
- There has been a 40,000% increase in bipolar disorder
- Obesity, high blood pressure were only very rarely seen in kids- this has changed and become common.
- Typical exposure is 5-7 hours per day of screen time, sometimes more.
- The belief that computers help learning is a myth that leads to unnecessary technology proliferation in schools
- Handwriting beats laptop note taking in terms of recall, integration, and test scores, according to research.
- The nature of tech is at odds with basic developmental needs for nature, engagement in one’s environment, etc.
- Multitasking impairs cognition, puts kids into “fight or flight” mode, reduces empathy and understanding, and at extremes can result in paranoia, hallucinations, etc.
- “Wii” video games are being linked with social phobia, PTSD, and panic attacks
- Kids are being medicated unnecessarily, when a 3-4 week “electronic fast” helps reset the brain
- Wired only access not only reduces EMF’s- it also reduces screen accessibility.
- “Ultimately this is a human rights issue.”
Katie Singer, Author of Electronic Silent Spring (video presentation)
- Symptoms are messages to be heeded- that something is out of balance
- The data centers that our tech depend on use the equivalent of 30 nuclear power plants.
- If data centers around the world were a country, it would rank #5 in energy usage. Cell phones, smart meters, etc. are NOT green.
Loretta Lynch, Former President of the California Public Utilities Commission, and one of California’s most influential Attorneys
- The science is clear: EMF’s affect health, particularly the most vulnerable among us.
- Those living within 150 feet of power lines are at increased risk of serious disease
- Utilities and telecommunications companies know these facts but obtain “obscenely obsessive profits” from this technology and are in a “desperate scramble” to set regulations in stone before public awareness increases and reforms are widely demanded.
- Health and environmental costs from wireless tech are “externalized” to society at large
- At this point, we are lucky if regulators are ignorant about this issue. More often they are co-opted and corrupted.
- “Smart grid” and “smart meters” are a “lucrative boondoggle” approved by the CPUC.
- CPUC says “pay me and I’ll give you what you want” in secret backroom deals- a classic case of corruption and bribery, revealed in e-mails.
- CPUC has become a “rogue agency” essentially controlled by corporations (which is what we have also been saying for five years!)
- This has made a mockery of due process, and Michael Peevey, former CPUC President , has acted as if the CPUC were his own personal playground.
- CPUC has allowed utilities to cut corners, skip safety regulations, etc.
- A parade of former CPUC Commissioners now work for the utilities- the so-called “revolving door.”
- The smart meter roll out was plagued with problems, and the only way regulators approved it was that they have “drunk the kool-aid.”
- The $2.2 billion+ cost of smart meters and the smart grid came about because of a secret deal between Peevey and the utilities, and the costs have been borne by ratepayers.
- Analog meters are “simple, accurate, and reliable.” There was no need to change them out. The only reason they were replaced with smart meters is that the utilities were not profiting off them any longer- they had “fully depreciated.”
- Utilities have entered the “big data” game and using and profiting from your private electric usage data. Protecting the privacy of our home has become harder and harder.
- She is optimistic even though she has “seen the sausage made” because the science is so strong. She sees a change in public policy coming within 5 years, and urges us to educate the legislature, as you never know when you will find an intrigued official (though most are corrupt).
- We need to continue educating the media about the facts (i.e. the John Oliver Tom Wheeler “dingo” segment really raised awareness)
The event was a credible and informative presentation of the damage being caused by wireless technology, especially to our precious and developing next generation. It was also an inspiring call to action and a boost to the growing movement to address and eliminate the blind proliferation of wireless technology. A significant reduction in exposure can take place through personal decisions to wire technology in the home, whereas involuntary exposures (cell towers, wi-fi in schools, smart meters, etc.) require a coordinated policy response.
Greater public awareness is key to both. Thank you to Keynote speaker Joel Moskowitz, and to Cindy Lee Russell, MD, Vice President of Community Health, Santa Clara County Medical Association, who organized the event. The slides for the presentations are available online and a video will be available shortly. Check SaferEMR.com for details.
Dec. 22nd 2015 update: slides and videos have now been posted for most of the outstanding presentations outlined here. Spread the word!
I was at the Summit, madly scribbling notes, so appreciate your very accurate summary. There was an emphasis on creating an EMR respite at night by turning off one’s router, cell phone (or using airplane mode), computer, iPad, etc., and also cordless phones. Unfortunately, in this area it’s not easy to have a smart meter removed, but switching as much as possible to wired connections was also recommended. A representative from Healthy Building Science (in the lobby) noted that wood structures block only 5% of EMR, and that concrete and metal create much better barriers. He said specialized curtains and paints can be found that block EMR. This was my first exposure to clearly credible professionals, especially from the medical community, speaking with one voice about the alarming impact of EMR on humans.
Wow, we just went through a long journey of figuring out why our 14 year old son has not been able to sleep for months, and found out it was Wifi and probably other RFs. Got him an RF blocking bed canopy, and worked with neighbors to turn the wifi off at night. He sleeps!!! We are so happy. And it feels awesome to know that there are people working to shed more light onto this problem. THANK YOU all so much!
This summit was a positive step toward bringing forward the message which has been suppressed for at least two decades: radio-frequency (RF) energy, and even ordinary house electricity (standard is 60Hz, or cycles per second, in the USA) DOES have health effects. Exposure to RF and other electrosmog has a cumulative effect and is dose-sensitive.
In other words, the more often you’re exposed, the longer you’re exposed, and/or the higher the level to which you are exposed, all add up to cumulative damage to your health. Young, growing children are affected much more strongly than fully-grown people, but make no mistake – we are all being affected.
It’s one thing to decide we want to set up a wifi network for ourselves, in our own homes. It’s another when neighbors’ wifi systems are causing damage to our health, and worse yet when corporations profit from bathing us in wifi and other RF signals while hiding and denying the truth about the resulting health impacts. People should be free to choose what exposures they are willing to tolerate, and no one (especially corporations and government) has the right to force exposures on us without our fully informed prior consent.
Smart meters fail the fully-informed-prior-consent test. Likewise, Comcast has been quietly rolling out a smart-meter-style wifi “service” by co-opting its customers’ modems into serving as nodes in a PUBLIC wifi system. The XFinity modems now include a separate system which operates at a significantly higher power than the customers’ own, private system. Within the XFinity modem, there are TWO wifi services running simultaneously. Comcast is NOT telling customers about this and it results in much more RF exposure, 24/7/365. Even if you’re turning off your own wifi router at night or when not in use, if you’ve got XFinity, you’re bathing in amplified public wifi RF all day and night. This definitely FAILS the fully-informed-prior-consent test.
I hope this latest assault on our natural right to choose our own RF exposure level in our own home will be taken up by others in the Stop Smart Meters movement.
Thank you for posting a summary of the summit. Unfortunate that Loretta Lynch had to leave public service to voice concerns that the CPUC should have done. We have the same issue in the BCUC / BC Government where legitimate public concerns take a second seat to the big business profits. Concerned people in these public agencies and the school boards cannot say anything or they will be fired or muzzled. Once we regain control of our public agencies and government, we will have to ensure this can never occur again. Public health and safety must be in the drivers seat.
reposting SSM’s article, kudos for the alert! time to boycott and investigate Virgin and “Sir” Richard
Branson (this news now confirms that he does work for UN agenda 21 and
illegitamate shadow governments despite his facade and denial).
Company to Blanket City Streets With WiFi Connected “Smart Pavement”
October 18, 2015
phpe7mrntBy Kevin Samson
Awareness continues to increase surrounding the health dangers of Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs) emanating from our daily gadgets, as well as from the rise of the Smart Grid. For example, a prominent neuroscientist went on record in a lecture to the medical community itself where he exposed the many health risks as well as an industry-wide attempt by telecom to cover up the negative consequences. A world-renown biochemist is seeking to abolish WiFi in schools. And a British ER physician has made it her mission to educate people about what steps they can take to minimize exposure and damage to WiFi. A slew of peer-review scientific studies support the warnings of these experts.
So what happens when your entire city becomes one giant WiFi signal?
Telecom giant Virgin Media has been given the green light to begin doing just that. Coverage will be enabled by “discreet street furniture” and the “UK’s first Smart Pavement.”
The pilot will begin with a focus on the center of the town of Chesham, UK where all 21,000 residents and businesses can use the network. The Chiltern District Council has joined forces and is touting the increased connectivity at massively increased speeds up to 166Mbps – 7X the average in the UK.
Virgin Media’s press release cites one very happy local business owner who sees potential:
Martin Parkes, local business owner and spokesperson for The Better Chesham Group, said: “It’s great that our customers have access to Virgin Media’s public Wi-Fi both in and outside our salon. We’re a very unique high street with many independent shops so we don’t have the IT infrastructure that big chains benefit from. This will hugely help levelling the playing field and will hopefully bring more people to Chesham too.”
The company has high hopes that this will not be contained to one test city; rather, they make it clear that their mission is much wider in scope:
Virgin Media is building better digital infrastructure by re-drawing the UK WiFi map. It is the first in a series of initiatives to deliver better out-of-home connectivity. It is not just about extending the company’s ultrafast network to more homes and upgrading speeds to Vivid 200Mbps but being the defacto provider of trusted connectivity both in the home and out of the home.
Gregor McNeil, Managing Director of Consumer at Virgin Media said: “Not only is this the first time we’ve built metropolitan WiFi directly from our street cabinets, it is also the UK’s first deployment of a WiFi connected pavement. It is literally public WiFi under your feet. We want to build more networks like this across the UK and encourage more forward thinking councils just like Chesham to get in touch.” (additional emphasis added)
Even if you don’t believe having a permanent WiFi signal radiating across the city under your feet is a danger to your health, another aspect of pervasive WiFi may be of concern: privacy and surveillance.
It is true that citizens of the UK already have become one of the most constantly surveilled on the planet, so perhaps they are becoming desensitized, but in the States it was a major news story when Seattle was discovered to have put in a secret WiFi mesh network funded by Homeland Security. The discovery led the ACLU to document the ways that residents and visitors could be spied upon while having their movements fully tracked. Although most of the outrage was directed at the secretive nature of the plan, the surveillance component is clearly present as a justified concern.
There is also new WiFi tracking technology being developed that does not even need a connected device to home in on individuals or groups of people. You can read the chronicle of those developments HERE.
This little device delivers turnkey Internet privacy and security (Ad)
Finally, this is about more than having super-fast Internet to download your favorite movie in seconds while you wait for the bus, or to boost your business capabilities. It’s about the rise of fully connected Smart Cities that are multi-use, imposed without debate, and are very easily warped for less than noble purposes. It’s about merging the domestic “Internet of Things” with an industrial smart grid that is part of a technocracy endgame as defined by the UN’s Agenda 21. It is an all-encompassing agenda that has political support and the investment of every major tech company on the planet.
It is imperative that we learn and share what this overall Smart Cities agenda entails, and reveal each piece of the superstructure that is being built in front of us. The road has now been paved….
In the age of truth, swift justice, accountability and transparency, public sovereignty
and public governance will re-build and will take back power. Golden opportunities are opening.
SSM Swift Justice.
AT&T Inc. Is Teaming Up With the U.S. Government to Expand Smart Cities
Posted by Wes Penre on October 3, 2015
Posted in: Artificial Intelligence (AI), Genetic Engineering and Manipulation, Nano Technology, Singularity, Super-Soldiers and Transhumanism, Transhumansim. Tagged: alien invader force, artificial intelligence, cyborgs, Enki, evolved human, machine kingdom, marduk, smart cities, wes penre, wes penre papers. 1 Comment
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2015 @ 2:55 PM
pdf_icon2ATandT Inc. Is Teaming Up With the U.S. Government to Expand Smart Cities [PDF]
Model of a Smart City
Model of a Smart City
Wes Penre’s Comment: I wrote substantially about Smart Cities in the Wes Penre Papers, and I suggested that they will be built and go hand in hand with Artificial Intelligence and the so-called “Machine Kingdom” that will eventually replace today’s Homo sapiens sapiens, which is a race close to extinction. The species that will replace what we call the biological human body is going to be half machine and half human–a cyborg type of species–entirely in the hand of the Alien Invader Force.
The alternative human species that will exist side by side with the cyborgs to begin with I call Homo Nova in my papers. This species–less in numbers–will be the future, evolved human that eventually will break out of the “machine timeline” and create their own future in a much more peaceful and compassionate environment. This is what I predict–you will soon see it coming more and more into existence.
This week, the White House announced $160 million in new funding and research grants to develop smart cities in the U.S. While that may be a moderate sum of money, it’s yet another step the U.S. government is taking to make the Internet of Things (IoT) more of a priority at the local and federal levels.
At the same time, AT&T (NYSE:T) announced that it’s now a lead member of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and will help the government agency set up smart city projects across the country.
The company will help bring new smart city technology to 10 U.S. cities, including connected solutions for lighting, transportation, safety, buildings, and parking. Much of the technology involves sensors that can track vehicle traffic, electric meters to monitor energy usage, apps to remotely manage city lighting, and even sensors that can detect gunfire.
The company will also host a Smart Cities hackathon with the NIST and the participating cities at its Developer Summit this coming January. AT&T hasn’t disclosed which cities it will work with, but the move marks a bigger shift toward the potentially lucrative smart city market.
A bet on smart cities
The company’s been building its smart city capabilities and already has 16.5 million smart energy meters in the the U.S. And just last month, the telecom giant teamed up with IBM to implement water sensors in Las Vegas, Atlanta, and Los Angeles. The sensors allow cities to track water usage during droughts and find leaks in old pipelines. The company said in a press release that cities all over the world face water shortages and that a typical pipeline leak can waste 400,000 gallons of water per year.
AT&T is trying to tap into a growing trend among cities to conserve their resources, improve their services, and reduce traffic and crime. According to Navigant Research, by 2023, global smart city technology revenue will hit $27.5 billion, up from $8.8 billion last year.
AT&T is not stopping there
Since January, the company has partnered with more than 136 companies for new IoT projects. Right now, AT&T connects more than 40% of all the connected farm machines in the U.S. and has 22 million IoT connections worldwide, including more than 600,000 connected cars.
As the U.S. government expands funding and research into connected cities, AT&T is in a great position to benefit. Its current projects and new partnership with the NIST make it an ideal carrier to bring more IoT connections to America.
It’s still too early to tell how much AT&T could make from smart city technologies, but Cisco Systems thinks the IoT will save the public sector $4.6 trillion between now and 2023. Part of those savings will come from telecoms enabling sensors to connect, monitor, and analyze city data in new ways. Right now, AT&T is leading the pack in bringing those connections, and that should eventually translate into more IoT revenues in the years to come. Just as with most IoT solutions, the promise of future benefits (and earnings) are just around the corner.
The next billion-dollar iSecret
The world’s biggest tech company forgot to show you something at its recent event, but a few Wall Street analysts and the Fool didn’t miss a beat: There’s a small company that’s powering their brand-new gadgets and the coming revolution in technology. And we think its stock price has nearly unlimited room to run for early-in-the-know investors! To be one of them, just click here.
Chris Neiger has no position in any stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool recommends Cisco Systems. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
To SSM Organization:
Posting an important announcement, perhaps this could go to your twitter feed?
Subject: Nov. 17/18: Dr. Martin Blank Coming to LA City Council
Nov. 17/18. Dr Martin Blank Coming to LA City Council
View this email in your browser
PIease forward to your So Calif. area contacts!
For those in LA area:
Dr Martin Blank, the leading expert in Wireless Cancerous and Neurological Health Effects, is coming to Los Angeles this TUES AND WED to talk sense to city leaders about their plan to WiFi the entire city with 20,000 WiFi transmitters on street light poles and place Cell Tower transmitters on hundreds of our stop lights!
WE NEED PEOPLE TO COME DOWN TO CITY HALL WITH US TO GIVE DR. BLANK THEIR PUBLIC COMMENT TIME SO HE CAN SPEAK TO SEVERAL CITY COUNCIL COMMITTEES AND THE CITY COUNCIL ITSELF. We need you all day TUES OR WED OR BOTH PLEASE.
We need dependable, professionally dressed people to simply cede their public comment time to Dr Blank in these committee meetings and city council meeting and show their support to what he is saying.
Click to watch:
VIDEO: International Scientist Appeal on Electromagnetic Fields, Martin Blank, PhD Spokesperson
Martin Blank PhD, Columbia University, Cellular Biologist-Wireless Health Effects
9am- Be there and wait outside room until we arrive
City council meeting- media hopefully there so be there at 9am meeting to start at 10:00am
200 North Spring Street Los Angeles, CA 90012
Room 1010, City Hall
Arrive at 2:00pm for 3:00pm Energy and Environment Meeting
Room 1010 City Hall
200 North Spring Street Los Angeles, CA 90012
Must bring Id to get in building. Keep food or water in bottom of bag
225 N. Los Angeles St., public parking on P1 Level, Monday – Friday, 4 A.M. – 6 P.M. (Vehicles left in the garage after 6 P.M. may be cited and towed). The rate is $2.50 each 10 minutes, to a maximum of $16.00 per day.
Copyright © 2015 Stop OC Smart Meters, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you contacted us from our website http://www.StopOCSmartMeters.com.
Our mailing address is:
Stop OC Smart Meters
P.O. Box 685
Tustin, CA 92781
So thrilled to see intelligent beings waking up to the dangers and sticking their necks out to expose the corrupters of crimes against public health. The CEO’s of these companies need to be held personally responsible, including those of so called “publicly owned corporations” like British Columbia Hydro.
As a health professional dealing with cancer on a daily basis, I am shocked at the billions being spent on more useless research for the cure, while one of the causes continues to proliferate more cancers!
In theold days we put up screening around our beds to keep the flying bugs out!
Now, we have to put up screening, or paints to keep the r/f radiation out!
This of course is modern progress?
Pingback: La Californie savait les compteurs « intelligents » nocifs
Pingback: Un échec total pour les « compteurs intelligents » – ACCAD : Anti Compteurs Communicants Artois (62)-Douaisis (59)